The honorable Bishop Richard E. Young’s faithfulness to the Lord has blessed him tremendously and helped him to make great strides in the ministry of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is a dynamic speaker and his winning personality has made him well known all over the country. He is a visionary and has the church at heart in all he sets out to do.
- Son of Suffragan Bishop Horace and Mildred Young
- The husband of Arlene M. Smith-Young for over 50 years
- Father of two daughters: Teresa and Jacquelyn, and one son: Richard, Jr.
- Grandfather of four: Whitney, Jeffrey, Brooke and Charlton
- 1962 – Called to preach and served 13 years as assistant pastor to the late Bishop William C. Abney
- 1975 – National Evangelist for the P.A.W., Inc.
- 1979 – Elected Senior Pastor of Zion Temple in Steubenville, Ohio, USA
- 1985 – Elected Senior Pastor of The Chosen Vessel Cathedral in Fort Worth, Texas, USA
- 1986 – Elected General Secretary of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc.
- 1996 – Elevated to office of Bishop and assigned to the 24th Episcopal District – Carolina State Council
- 2005 – Honored for distinguished service to the ministerial profession in the International Directory of Distinguished Leadership – 2nd Edition
- 2010 – Inducted into the Dr. Martin Luther King Board of Preachers at Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 2010 Annual Convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota appointed as Diocesan Bishop of the 13th Episcopal District – Texas State Council
- 2010 Elected 1st Assistant Presiding Bishop of the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc.
To God be the glory, for all the wonderful things He has done.