CALVARY APOSTOLIC ASSEMBLY, 9510 BUCKEY RD, CLEVELAND, OHIO 44104, is prayerfully seeking a SENIOR PASTOR. The Applicant will be responsible to God and the church to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teach the Bible, and provide Christian leadership to the congregation and our church ministries by the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- At minimum, must be Licensed by Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc., and faithful to their Diocese, Pastor and current congregation.
- Fulfill the spiritual needs of the congregation through visitations, prayer, conducting weddings, funerals and administering the ordinances of the church.
- Must meet a minimum of three to six years of experience in leading a congregation (or working with ministries), providing religious, moral, and emotional support for congregants. Senior Pastors preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and develop a vision for future church growth and retention.
- Lead and work cooperatively and collaborative with the Trustees & Deacons, clerical staff, other church officers, and committees/teams as they perform their assigned duties.
- Plan and conduct worship services; prepare and deliver sermons; willing to teach Bible Study; preach at all regular services or, on occasion, designate an assistant or guest speaker to carry out this responsibility; Leads all special worship experiences, (i.e. Christmas, Resurrection, Thanksgiving, etc.).
- Work diligently with the Christian Education Ministry, engaging and promoting ministry leaders to participate in becoming Christian Education leaders.
- Provide training opportunities and leadership to the congregation for outreach and evangelism.
- Provide pastoral care to members, upon request, working with the Deacons’ Ministry to ensure all requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Meet monthly or as required with ministry leaders to discuss upcoming events, issues, challenges, and resolutions.
- Must maintain published office hours.
Qualified candidates are asked to express an interest by emailing the church only.
AFTER A CANDIDATE EMAILS TO EXPRESS INTEREST, AN APPLICATION WILL BE SENT. Please send all correspondence to: firstname.lastname@example.org